Mothers' Union meets on the second Tuesday of the month, 7.30pm at St Luke's, Grayshott.
Next meeting February 10th: 'My Work in Probation' by Heather Sale.
Further details from Kathy 01420 478020.
From the Branch Report for the year ended 31 December 2014
Our main outreach this year has centred around Young People in ourcommunity and has taken several forms:-
- During the Spring months we cooked and served Youth Alpha Suppers each week to candidates coming forward for confirmation in June.
- Sunday 27 April saw the start of Messy Church at the Royal British Legion Hall at Beacon Hill and members have continued to support each Messy Church since, preparing and serving tea to adults and sometimes tea to the children as well. Our members also assist with the practical side and admin work.
- Beginning of May saw the start of the Weekly Toddler group at St Alban's. Members help with serving refreshments, putting away toys and generally chatting to Young Mums.
- We provided supper for the "Unite" Youth event at St Alban's in May.
- In May we sent a cheque for £100 to support the Youth Work at St Alban's and later in the year a further cheque for £100 was sent to support the Youth Work at St Luke's.
- Beginning of June we supported our Confirmation candidates at St Luke's, when the Rt. Rev. Christopher Herbert confirmed them.
- In July we received the 'go ahead' from St Alban's PCC to follow-up children and young families from the Baptism Roll by sending an anniversary card on the date of the first baptism, and to follow that child/family through until the 5th anniversary of baptism.
- Members were also active at the Holiday Clubs run at St Alban's and St Luke's during July and August.
- In September we purchased 4 sets of Teen Books: "Bold Brave Faith" and "Live Love Dreams" for each of the Parishes MU@HGB serves. The books are available to each Youth Officer, but must remain as a Parish resource.