A most generous gift to the community by Mr McAndrew of Headley Park. It was built in 1925, primarily so that the Headley WI, started by his wife, should have a pleasant place in which to meet; more convenient than the Carnival Hut, but also, of course, for the benefit of the whole village. (Ironically the WI now meet in the Church Centre...).
The site had originally been a gravel pit and, after a few years, buttresses had to be built along the side walls. Throughout the years it has been the centre of village life, managed by Trustees representative of the organisations which use it. In 1983 it was modernised and enlarged at the cost of £55,000, with a new foyer, kitchen, toilets, cloakrooms, Library (now, sadly, closed) and an Office for the Parish Council, and the whole building was re-roofed with clay tiles. The Village Archive is also held in the Hall.